Monday, April 30, 2012

Raindrops Rise Up

rainy day, graduation outfit

Today was my best friend's graduation. As happy as I am for her, I can't help but be reminded of how long it's taking me to finish school. I've always been a good student. It surprises me (and everyone who knows me) that it's taken me this long. There are very normal reasons for this. I decided to switch majors two years in because, as it turns out, I HATED journalism. It's just not my thing. I am much too fond of adjectives to give them up forever. I switched to something entirely unrelated to writing. Nutrition. I like it better. Writing and grammar have never posed a challenge for me. Nutrition hasn't been especially hard either, but I do have to work more. What's really getting me are the sciences. Also, I had to take a semester off because my mother had breast cancer two years ago. That was certainly difficult. Sorry to be all down on you today, it's just that it's been raining here for the past four days. I wanted to bathe in the sweet sunshiney freedom after all of my exams, and I couldn't. I am grateful for a little time alone though. More than anybody knows.

Outfit Details:
Cardigan: Banana Republic
Bow Belt: Anthropologie
Dress: Anthropologie
Necklace: Forever 21

4 comments:

  1. I hope the sun starts shining soon! I say embrace the time you have at school. I just graduated and am wishing I were back there already. I feel that graduating in 4 years is pretty rare these days. I took 4.5 myself. Anywho, hope the alone time cheers you up :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all need alone time. Sounds like a lot of work doing what you're doing. It doesn't matter how long it takes, just as long as you put time and effort into what you do and you enjoy yourself in the end. :)

    xoxo
    ~Brooke {via The Dove Tree}

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't worry girl, it took me 5 years to graduate, only because i had switched colleges four times. i know, right? ridiculous!
    and that image on the piano is absolutely beautiful!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much to the three of you for your kind words <3

    ReplyDelete