Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bohemian Like You

bohemian outfit, perfect summer outfit, wearing a skirt as a dress, how to wear a skirt as a dress, flattering summer outfit, tribal print nail design, nail design, tribal print trend, tribal trend, on trend summer outfit, boho outfit, hipster outfit, hipster blog,
bohemian outfit, perfect summer outfit, wearing a skirt as a dress, how to wear a skirt as a dress, flattering summer outfit, tribal print nail design, nail design, tribal print trend, tribal trend, on trend summer outfit, boho outfit, hipster outfit, hipster blog,
I'm so happy with the trends happening right now. Tribal print and pastels? I'm there. I bought this skirt years ago and I rarely wear it because it's a little too long. I thought of wearing it as a dress instead, but the usual things I do to accent/ create a waist weren't working. It has an elastic waistband so i couldn't wear it with a belt or just pin things into place without looking stupid. What's a girl to do? Tie a shirt up of course. I only buttoned one button and I tied the bottom of the shirt so it hit at the waist. Such an easy way to wear a too long maxi skirt and create a whole new outfit! I feel like lately I've been wearing things that are a bit too childish. I have a baby face as it is and wearing peter pan collars and saccharine clothes all the time doesn't really help me much. Besides, I do have other tastes. I think I just have to exercise dressing out of my comfort zone. This was kind of my first shot at it. Please tell me what you think?
bohemian outfit, perfect summer outfit, wearing a skirt as a dress, how to wear a skirt as a dress, flattering summer outfit, tribal print nail design, nail design, tribal print trend, tribal trend, on trend summer outfit, boho outfit, hipster outfit, hipster blog,
bohemian outfit, perfect summer outfit, wearing a skirt as a dress, how to wear a skirt as a dress, flattering summer outfit, tribal print nail design, nail design, tribal print trend, tribal trend, on trend summer outfit, boho outfit, hipster outfit, hipster blog,
Outfit Details:
Denim Shirt: American Eagle Outfitters (old)
Skirt: Macy's (old)
Necklace: Forever 21 (just got it yesterday, but can't find it online)
Eye Ring: eBay
Finger Armor Ring: forever 21
Wooden Cuff: Key Largo Outdoor Market

6 comments:

  1. ohh! love the eye ring! it kind of looks like a turkish evil eye :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! it always reminds me of that Vivienne Westwood ring Florence Welch wore in the beginning of the "Cosmic Love" music video. LOVE that ring, but I can not afford it lol.

      Delete
  2. I love it! I never would have though of that combo either. A great idea to cover up maxis too!

    I also am crazy about that eye ring! And your nails are crazy!! Did you do them yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah I did them myself using this tutorial
      http://youtu.be/VgHKbh5DpUw
      It was pretty easy actually. The nice thing about tribal print is that it's not supposed to be perfect so it's forgiving. Also, you can use whatever colors you like :]

      As for the eBay ring, you can get it on ebay too if you like. Here's the link.

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/320767710460?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_2725wt_902

      Hope that helped!

      Delete
  3. Love your dress!
    your nail looks very interesting ;)

    PinkbowIcecream

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this look...It's fun and bohemian at the same time xx

    ReplyDelete