Saturday, March 31, 2012

Practical Park Prep Part I

It used to be that the only people who saw your vacation photos were your family and the occasional boyfriend who was tortured with the aforementioned photos. Those days are long gone. Now we share our vacation photos on places that are very public. Facebook. Twitter. Instagram. Terrible photos of you can be shared instantly through all of these social media with just one click. And don't forget the all important tagging feature that makes it so simple for that unflattering photo to be viewed by hundreds of people you may or may not know. I've had my fair share of these situations as I live four short hours away from the biggest theme park cluster I've ever seen (Orlando, Florida), and since I've learned my lesson, I put together this little guide for the ideal theme park outfit.
perfect theme park outfit, what to wear to a theme park, how to dress at a theme park, cute theme park outfit
1. Bathing suit- Most theme parks have water rides, at least one. You'll be glad you're wearing one of these when the rest of your friends are walking around in wet, soppy underwear and you're not.
2. Sun dress- believe it or not, this is the best thing you can possibly wear to a theme park. There is not a ride in existence that will lift your dress up. I promise. If it gets wet, you can ring it out and it dries faster. Also, you're probably going to be eating sweet and/or salty food and drinking soda at the park. I don't know about everyone else, but this makes me bloated and I definitely don't want to look like some kind of beached whale in all of my photos. Something that falls away from your tummy is best!
3. Sandals! Water shoes are kind of dorky and sneakers take forever to dry. Wear a comfy pair of sandals with some kind of cushion at the sole and an ankle strap of some kind so they don't fall off  while riding roller coasters. You will be so happy you did this.
4. Rucksack- You're going to need to carry around bags of souvenirs, bottles of water, leftover snacks. Instead of having 15 plastic bags, you could fit it all into this neat little rucksack, Just make sure it's not too big and that it's something you're comfortable carrying around for 8-10 hours.
5. Sunglasses- Something whimsical is just my preference. Don't bring your most expensive pair. If you need to, buy a cheap pair at a rest stop or something. Don't bring something you'll cry over if you lose it at the park! 

If you follow these tips, you'll be really comfortable and you won't look like a wet dog in any of your pictures. You'll just look like the cutest girl at the park and you can have lots of fun without worrying about those pesky camera-phones. 

11 comments:

  1. These tips are great! I always end up wearing trainers (sneakers) because i think they would be comfy to walk around in and they always get soaked and the take forever to dry and it's so uncomfortable walking around then for the rest of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am going to have to test out your sun dress theory I have always been worried about wearing dresses on rides that flip you around but I guess they are so quick no one would see anyway. I really want love heart sunnies....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun dress is fool proof! You know how on roller coasters, there are these indentations in the seat where your thighs go, and in between your legs it sort of raises up? Well, in that raised bit of plastic between your legs is where the straps for the rides always click in. If that comes undone, you have way bigger problems than your undies/bathing suit bottom showing (like falling out of a moving roller coaster lol) Because of the way these things are built for your safety, they also kind of form the bottom of your dress into shorts and it's impossible for anything to show :] I actually think the girls who wear short shorts on rides like that end up looking half naked haha!

      Delete
  3. Cute outfit idea for a theme park! I love it!
    ~Sara
    sarastrauss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me smile-- I swear, if there's an unflattering photo of me, it seems that it is always to be tagged for everyone to see.

    Great tips and outfit selection. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that didn't sound like a generic 'omg, great tips, follow me back' comment. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not at all :] Thanks Amber <3 I do dislike that tagging feature for that same reason!

      Delete
  6. I adore that dress! Not many bloggers cover theme park outfits, so thanks! I always struggle with what to bring and what to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the preppy outfit! The stripes are so pretty for this time of year.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where are all of these items shown from? I LOVE all of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you click on the picture, it will lead you to polyvore.com with a list of all the items linked to the stores they are from.

      Delete