Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Oh Rosie

Rosie the riveter, bathroom redecorating, tiny bathroom, decorating a very small space, blue bathroom, beige bathroom, TJMaxx, anthropologie black and white plaid, steven alan pajamas, high waisted shorts, cute, style blog, personal style
A Rosie the Riveter-esque outfit 
My bathroom is pretty much done, and although I could only buy a few new things for it, It feels completely different and brand new to me. At least now I know if I ever want to change things around again, it'll be much easier now that I have neutral walls. I spent a lot of time fixing what you actually can't see in the photos, or even by walking in (in some cases) I had to patch up and paint the ceiling (not an easy task!) and I patched up the HUGE holes I had in the walls. My towel rack fell right off the wall years ago, and my mom's solution was to just hang up a bigger towel rack to cover them up. I really hated having a wobbly towel rack. Then there's my old shower head...
You would expect a shower to be a relaxing experience. what with the water cascading down your back and everything; but NO. I had a Nazi shower head that shot water torpedoes at all the most sensitive parts of my anatomy! I don't know what took me so long to fix these things, but it all started with a beautiful shower curtain at TJMaxx for $10. I love TJMaxx. I found the shower curtain, new hardware, soap dispenser, and trash bin, aaand the most delicious bath mat I have ever set my feet upon for about $120. All this and $30 for paint, and I was set. As for my shower head, my mom bought a new one, and I inherited her old one. It's perfect. No more shower battles, and I feel like my little bathroom is spectacular now.
Rosie the riveter, bathroom redecorating, tiny bathroom, decorating a very small space, blue bathroom, beige bathroom, TJMaxx, anthropologie black and white plaid, steven alan pajamas, high waisted shorts, cute, style blog, personal style


Rosie the riveter, bathroom redecorating, tiny bathroom, decorating a very small space, blue bathroom, beige bathroom, TJMaxx, anthropologie black and white plaid, steven alan pajamas, high waisted shorts, cute, style blog, personal style


Rosie the riveter, bathroom redecorating, tiny bathroom, decorating a very small space, blue bathroom, beige bathroom, TJMaxx, anthropologie black and white plaid, steven alan pajamas, high waisted shorts, cute, style blog, personal style
This is honestly my favorite part of the bathroom. Touches of blue, peacock feathers, lotus flower tea light from my best friend, starburst mirror, and my favorite tea scented anthropologie candle. It's a little cluster of my absolute favorite things. 


Outfit Details:
Top: Steven Alan PJ Top via Anthropologie (on SUPER sale!)
Shorts: Forever 21 via eBay
Flats: Me Too

8 comments:

  1. peacock feathers are awsome :) looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've always loved them because of their rich colors. I know some people believe they represent immortality,rebirth, and protection. Kind of nice :]

      Delete
  2. Your outfit is adorable, those shorts are so cute on you! And your bathroom looks so cozy and warm and calm <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Va-va-voom! Your Rosie-esque outfit is so cute. I really like those shorts. Your bathroom also turned out so well. The shower curtain is beautiful and I am glad your shower head doesn't hurt you anymore - eeep! Aaand the peacock feathers look so lovely :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so beautiful in your new bathroom and your outfit, HOLY CRAP! I wish I had clothes like that and could pull that look off. You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your bathroom looks lovely. Love your shorts as well. xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl, you look hot! those shorts look great on you!! x

    ReplyDelete