Sunday, March 25, 2012

Jackson Pollock Life

 Jackson Pollock painting, jackson Pollock wallpaper, iphone wallpaper, beautiful, blog, hipster blog, hipster fashion blog  Jackson Pollock painting, jackson Pollock wallpaper, iphone wallpaper, beautiful, blog, hipster blog, hipster fashion blog I have always had a plan for how I wanted my life to turn out. I thought I'd be done with school. I thought I'd be living on my own. I thought I'd be working in a lower level position in a place I loved filled with all the promise of a successful future. I thought I'd have these things by now. Despite all of my planning and careful preparation, I had to actually live my life to figure out what happens. I didn't expect to hate journalism even though I grew up dreaming of writing columns in magazines. I didn't expect my mom to get breast cancer and need me to take care of things at home. I didn't think either of these things would happen, but they did. I also didn't think I'd ever fall in love; but I did. Life can't be planned. It doesn't "get in the way". It simply is. You have to live in order to know what happens next in the story. Planning it out and making guesses as to how everything will fall into place only sets you up for disappointment. It isn't at all like a puzzle where the pieces are made to fit. It's more like a Jackson Pollock where the paint splatters haphazardly over the canvas. And the floor. And the walls. And you. In the end, you still have something beautiful and unique. Maybe my life isn't exactly the way I wanted it to be, but it's exactly where it's supposed to be. The rest will come in time with perseverance. I just have to be patient and keep working. Never give up.

5 comments:

  1. Amazing blog, would you mind take a look at mine and maybe follow if you like it ? i follow everyone back!

    http://models-on-the-runway.blogspot.pt/

    and please if you can like my blog on the facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ModelsontheRunway

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you said it beautiful and true. You never knows what's going to happen. Life is like being in a lazy river (you know where you sit in the tube and the water moves you along) because you can't control where you go. I like the blog makeover, by the way!
    ~Sara
    sarastrauss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've been trying to make it simple, but still interesting. I hope this one is it lol I've changed the theme so many times

      Delete
  3. So beautifully said. Opened my eyes to so many things. Well written, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. can someone please tell me what's the name of the first (top) painting? i think i've tried everything but cannot find out..
    thx

    ReplyDelete