Wednesday, February 29, 2012

No Pictures Today

I'm going to have to apologize to you all for the lack of posting this week. My internet was down ALL day today, and I've been redecorating my bathroom! I'll show you some before and afters once it's finished. Right now there are some holes in the walls and nothing goes with the paint color. My bathroom is a light blue grey color. I know, I know, "Why on earth would you paint any room in the house that color?!" It was five years ago, and I knew nothing of color! Blue is one of my favorite colors, and I thought I'd never get sick of it. I guess I'm not quite sick of it, because I still have plenty of blue in my new color scheme, but the walls will be a much more neutral color! I've also been helping my grandpa move out of his old apartment into a new one, which I have to say it much nicer.

Anyway, all these silly things aside, I was on twitter the other day; and I follow Elizabeth of Delightfully Tacky. She linked to another blogger's comment section. It went something like this:

Blogger: Went to a super pricey makeup shop the other day and luckily gravitated towards the only thing in my budget (nail polish). The colors are great! I bought two.
Commenter: Glad to see $30 nail polish is in your budget. Must mean business is good right? Teehee

I can't recreate the graceful perfection that was this blogger's response, but it got me thinking...
Are most girls really so envious and ridiculous that we can't just congratulate each other on a job well done? I don't know if her intention was to try to make the blogger feel guilty for buying expensive nail polish, but I felt guilty just reading the comment and I didn't even buy the polish!

I can honestly say that most of my favorite bloggers are, by my standards, very successful; but I have never envied any of them. In fact, as I followed them over the years and saw their followers increase in number, I was happy because more girls were being exposed to their wonderful ideas and their beautiful, unique perspectives. I celebrate posts that are comprised of nothing but c/o items. You have to work if you want things. Leaving passive aggressive comments on other blogs isn't going to make yours any better. Sorry for this little rant. Just had to get that off my chest!

I'll leave you with this prettiness. Picked snap dragons at the local U-Pick with mark the other day and I snapped a few pretty photos!

snap dragons, flowers, flower photography, photography, photos, beautiful, sweet, pink, yellow, barn, shed, gorgeous, iphone photo, instagram, gorgeous

9 comments:

  1. a very interesting post!

    www.popswatch.biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post! There is so much hatred and animosity in the blogging world. There's a reason I have anon comments turned off. While I am so proud of the famous bloggers -- I do tend to not read them. Once they reach a certain level of fame, I can't really relate. It's like following celebrities, it doesn't really work for me. There are a few that I do definitely read casually.

    I definitely don't think the hatred is necessary or needed, but it comes with the "fame" territory. Which is so sad. Girls are so terrible :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think any of the blogs I follow are actually celebrity status famous. For me, success isn't measured in the amount of followers you have, but in the beauty of your content. Kate Gabrielle's blog is one of my favorites, ShyScout, Laughing with Broken Eyes. They don't have thousand upon thousands of followers, but they certainly deserve them. Even bigger bloggers like The Clothes Horse and Little Chief Honeybee still respond to all emails and tweets and whatnot. I can still relate to these people in a lot of ways, but I see what you mean. I probably wouldn't follow a blogger who could never respond to emails herself because she's too famous. That's not even polite!

      Delete
  3. Love it <3!!! Great blog, very cute!! Visit my blog and if you like it to follow me on google friends and I will be happy to follow you back <3
    Xoxo
    LA MODE OUI C'EST MOI
    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Light blue grey sounds like such a soothing color! And I think it's so wrong that others have so much unneeded hatred towards other bloggers. I'm glad there's still many bloggers and readers that are loyal and considerate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is lovely! great post!
    xx

    www.citylaundry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I wonder too why people become so hateful when they hide behind the anonymity of internet! And why be jealous of somebody who can afford and enjoy a $30 nailpolish. Everyone has the right to spend their money as they want! I beleive The best way to treat the haters is by kindness though!!:-)

    Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    -Jyoti
    Style-Delights Blog
    Let's Twitter Together
    Friend and Fan on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you said this wonderfully. It makes me sad when we, especially as fellow bloggers, can't genuinely be happy for others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely snap dragons--I love playing with them so they open & shut. :)
    Nice rant too. I never understood why people get so upset about c/o stuff; I mean it really isn't free if you have an obligation to post on it and it doesn't pay your rent, so at the end of the day how great is a "free" dress or pair of shoes? But either way, I'm with you--there's no reason to be jealous. I also just avoid things that rub me the wrong way; if a blogger makes me continually feel unhappy I don't visit that blog. I don't see the point in masochism...haha

    ReplyDelete