Monday, February 13, 2012

I Will Always Love you...

The outpouring of love that goes out to people once they are gone is both moving and by the same token sickening. Yes, I'm referring a bit to Whitney Houston's passing, but this is actually something I've thought of whenever anyone I have known or known of has died. Did it ever occur to anyone that perhaps if she had felt this tremendous love in life, that maybe she would never have thrown herself into the abyss we found her corpse in? Same goes for Michael Jackson. In life, he was the butt of every pedophile joke you could possibly think of; but all he had to do was die in order for people to give him the love he craved so much. These people abused drugs to fill the grand gaping holes left in their hearts from the smoky haze that was once limelight. Why do we do this? Why do we only realize just how much something means to us once it's gone? Obviously, it's not just celebrities. This happens to us with the people in our every day life as well. "I'll always love you" is something we all say or at least think at one point in our lives. But are words like "always" and "forever" things that should even be uttered by us mortals? They are units of time which we will never really comprehend. Our forevers are fickle and are more accurately replaced by "until my life has ended, but I have no idea how long that will be". However, saying all of that would be infinitely less romantic and much harder to incorporate into songs and poetry. The lesson here is to appreciate every day, and all of the people who touch our lives somehow. You shouldn't take your friends and family for granted. You'll only regret it. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Tell the people you love how you feel, you'll both be happier for it. 

1 comment:

  1. This is a sweet post and I completely agree. I don't think I tell people how much I care about them enough.

    ReplyDelete