Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Prim+Proper

Black pleated skirt, marc by marc Jacobs top, black and white outfit, bcbg suede heels, marc Jacobs top, ladylike style, ladylike outfit, meet the parents outfit, perfect outfit for meeting your mother in law, father in law, prim and proper outfit

Black pleated skirt, marc by marc Jacobs top, black and white outfit, bcbg suede heels, marc Jacobs top, ladylike style, ladylike outfit, meet the parents outfit, perfect outfit for meeting your mother in law, father in law, prim and proper outfit

I've been volunteering at a facility that helps elderly people at risk for institutionalization for a few days now, and they tell me I have to dress up. I'm not upset about it. I've always preferred to overdress than to underdress. When I was about four, my mom had an exact replica of Belle's yellow (Beauty and the Beast) ball gown made for me by a seamstress for Halloween. I wore it whenever I watched the movie, and I always begged my mom to let me wear it out. My argument always was "but Mommy, I want to look pretty!" To which my sweet,sweet momma bear responded, "You don't need that dress to look pretty, sugar." I wore that dress until it actually ripped because I had grown too big for it.
Black pleated skirt, marc by marc Jacobs top, black and white outfit, bcbg suede heels, marc Jacobs top, ladylike style, ladylike outfit, meet the parents outfit, perfect outfit for meeting your mother in law, father in law, prim and proper outfit

Black pleated skirt, marc by marc Jacobs top, black and white outfit, bcbg suede heels, marc Jacobs top, ladylike style, ladylike outfit, meet the parents outfit, perfect outfit for meeting your mother in law, father in law, prim and proper outfit


Outfit Details:
Top: Marc by Marc Jacobs
Skirt: Zara
Belt: Nordstrom
Shoes: BCBG
Watch: Coach
Two Finger Ring: LushJewelry Jett Ring


10 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful-- I really love these shoes, too! I'd love to hear more about the place where you work.

    I was actually the same way with my Snow White gown. I wore it all the time and, once, we accidentally left it in a hotel! We ended up turning around and driving for an hour to go and get it. Sadly, I outgrew it and it ripped. Poor dress was a shame at that point, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you made the most beautiful little miniature Snow White!
      As for where I'm volunteering, we basically help people who have had strokes, have alzheimer's, heart disease, etc. be more independent. We have a little bus that takes them to their doctor's appointments, a nutritionist that creates a special diet for them, then we have meals prepared and delivered to their homes every day. We also call them to check up on them (that's what I was doing all day today). It's so rewarding. These people are very lonely and you can hear them light up at the chance to be heard by anyone.

      Delete
  2. That is so awesome that you volunteer to help elderly :] This outfit looks so pretty on you. The top and skirt work so well together.

    Also - I want a Belle dress replica! How sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look beautiful!!! I love the outfit!!! If you have a chance, please visit/follow my fashion blog. It will mean the world to me if you did. Thanks so much in advance. Have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that this look is both stylish and work-appropriate. you did a great job of mixing the two elements :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god, your outfit's beautiful! I love that belt c: I'm your newest follower!


    xoxo
    ~Brooke
    The Dove Tree

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE pleated skirts, yours looks lovely with polka dots, SO cute!! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, loved your story about the Belle dress :)
    Your outfit looks great, very classic.
    xoxo Josie
    http://fashionisontheroad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOOOOOOOOOOOVE your shoes!!! you look so pretty in that outfit dear :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this outfit! Your heels are maginificent!!
    ~Sara
    sarastrauss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete