Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Fallen Star Fell From Your Heart




This is what I actually wore on Christmas day to hang out with Mark and his family. I've always associated plaids like this with the holidays. Maybe because of how cozy they are. That's not to say I wouldn't wear plaid any day of the year (I would. I love plaid!). They just feel extra appropriate for this season. The sweater and the skirt in this outfit are both Ralph Lauren and I bought them years apart and on sale! Hah!  I didn't try to wear all the same brand, it just sort of happened. I bought the sweater about ten years ago actually, and the skirt I got last week. I just noticed the way the blues perfectly matched and decided to wear them together. It irks me when there are two colors in an outfit that are supposed to match, but they are different shades. If my sweater had been just a shade darker, I would have never worn these together. It would have looked totally mismatched in a bad way. I say be brave with pattern and color, but if your intention is to match, do it properly! 
I've been doing that a lot lately- not intentionally, but it's what's happening. You may notice I go through phases in my style. I wonder how long this will last.



Channeling Florence Welch much? haha. I did fall in love with the ring she wears in the Cosmic Love video. It's a beautiful Vivienne Westwood ring, but it's from a few seasons ago and is no longer available. I almost bought it on eBay earlier this month, but I lost by two pounds :[ I was so sad, I went on a frantic search for a substitute and came across this one. It's not exactly the same, but I like it enough to wear it and not tear up with longing for the other one. ;p 

Outfit Details:
Sweater: Ralph Lauren
Skirt: Ralph Lauren Denim&Supply (I got it MUCH cheaper than this link at Macy's!)
Pearls: Vintage/handed down 
 Silver Eye ring: eBay seller: simonwoo2570
Shoes: eBayed a long time ago 

Some shots of the branches by my house. I just loved the way the bright blue sky popped up behind them.


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely outfit, I love the skirt :)))

    -Sabina, www.sabinasupernova.com

    ReplyDelete