Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'Til Morning

My room has had the same furniture, bedding, curtains, and lamps since I was about seven. Come to think of it seven was a pretty big year for me. Oh 1995 how I miss you! Anyway, my mom had all of my bedding made for me by a seamstress so it cost her quite a lot, and no one else has mine. I don't have the heart to get rid of this stuff and I also have no way of replacing it, so I've just tried to make it as me/grown up as possible. (Kind of hard to do when your room looks like a tea party) It kind of makes me think of Peter Pan. It's one of my favorite books and I really have never wanted to grow up. I even have a few little knickknacks that allude to my love of the story- like a tiny pirate ship for holding necklace charms, and a small pale blue ring box that looks like it's made of coral to represent the mermaids.

I believe a girl's room can reveal a lot about her. It's a glimpse into her entire microcosm. So, I suppose that means this is a rather personal post. Oh well. Here goes :] 


On the other side table, I have my favorite picture of Mark and I together. The pink orchids were actually featured in this post. It's one of my favorite pictures that I've taken. 
I used to have this horrible standard lamp thing that just came with our house. I hated it. I've always thought chandeliers belong in bedrooms. I couldn't afford a really big grand one, but this one was just as elegant and only about $30 at Home Depot. Adding the ceiling medallion made a huge difference. It's styrofoam and WAY cheaper than a wooden one. 

I'm a bit of a Francophile, hence the Eiffel Tower picture hanging on my wall. It used to be this embarrassing portrait of me. I finally got my mom to put it somewhere else (a closet, thank heavens) and let me put up whatever I wanted. (She has some control issues) 
"A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future" Coco Chanel
I wouldn't go that far, but perfume for me is HUGE.
Arrrgghh matey! This is that little pirate ship I was telling you about :]

4 comments:

  1. Wow, your room is really beautiful! I wish my room looked as lovely as that. :]

    http://empireofkitsch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room is such a dream and quite possibly my absolute dream room! <3
    Fitting for a princess like you, don'tcha think? xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bedroom is so beautiful. I've always wanted to have a dreamy bedroom, but I spent years in a basement room and now in an atticish room, but I have so much junk that it's impossible to be clean and pretty. I am envious!!!

    ReplyDelete