Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I was a cloud today


I really wanted to wear my new anthro cardigan and honestly, the moment I saw it in the store I pictured myself wearing it with this lace t-shirt. However, this shirt is very long and has a beautiful scallop detail at the bottom. I was sad to have to tuck it in, but i just don't enjoy wearing pants as much a I love wearing skirts. Particularly with all this 80 something degree weather, despite the pleasant breezes we've had. That's fall in Miami. You get the same temperatures and humidity of summer, but with a lovely breeze added in. This felt very light and romantic. Just cozy enough to welcome November, but practical enough for this heat. It'll be a while before I start wearing dark colors (if at all). I'm not against the deeper palette of fall/winter, but I'm so attracted to spring/summer colors that I rarely ever buy anything dark. There are almost no chunky knits in my closet; and try as I might I have tons of blue in every shade. I've always said I don't have a favorite color. I love different colors for different things. I love white for its versatility, but I think I'm most attracted to shades of blue for my clothes. I like the way they look against my skin, the way they relax the eye. It's just pleasant overall. 


Outfit details:
Top: Anthropologie
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Belt: Anthropologie
Skirt: thrifted
Shoes: Coach
Necklace: It's a Stitch via etsy


4 comments: