Sunday, November 13, 2011

glitz and glitter!

(left to right) Plum Black Chelsea polish + Donmar Overglaze Topcoat + A-Ha! Moment 
Plum Black Chelsea + Donmar Overglaze Topcoat


I've been terribly sick for about two weeks. Being diabetic means colds last much longer for me than most people. I am just beginning to feel better though and of course, my mom takes that opportunity to have me accompany her to the mall. I was in Sephora yesterday, and the looks they have up for the holidays are absolutely breathtaking. It's a very ethereal angelic look. I love the hair and the bold red lip, the luminous skin- it's pretty much perfect! I was also inspired by this great set of polishes. Sephora always has something cool going on in terms of nail art/colors (which I LOVE). I've been dying to try white nail polish. I had never worn the color before now, and I must say I love it especially with this little glittery topcoat that came with the set I purchased (photo above). 
To achieve this look:
Step 1 Prep- Gently remove dry, flaky skin with a lip exfoliator, then condition with Dior Addict Lip Glow
Step 2 Prime-Pat a small amount of Too Faced Lip Insurance Lip Primer onto your lips- it provides a base for your lip color so it lasts longer
Step 3 Line- Outline your mouth with a clear lipliner- Make Up Forever Lip Line Perfection. It prevents color from fading or bleeding
Step 4 Layer-Apply Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Dragon Girl with the Sephora Collection Pro Square Retractable Lip Brush #60 for ultimate precision
Step 5 Perfect- Trace the outer edges of your lips with a highlighting concealer Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat- then blend
Step 6 Enhance- Balance the look and add radiance to your skin by blending a small amount of luminizer- Benefit High Beam- on your cheekbones, just above the brow, and a dot right above your upper lip.


These are just the directions that Sephora wrote out for us commoners in their little how-to pamphlet, but most of us can't afford to buy all these specific products for one look! So feel free to replace most of these products with things you might already have. This is my translation of the same directions!


Step one: Lip exfoliator?! Sugar is the best scrub on the planet and its not as abrasive as salt. Rub a little sugar on wet lips and you're good to go! Dior what?! put some Chapstick on. That's all you need.
Step two: You may not have a lip primer, but you probably have a little powder right? Pat some of your foundation on your lips over your chapstick. It's a great primer!
Step three: Use a lip liner. One that matches your lip color or a nude one that blends perfectly with your lips. Most people already have this. If you don't, just buy a drugstore one.
Step four: Put your lipstick on. Pick a nice bright red that goes well with your skin.
Step five:  Dab just a touch of concealer on the outer edges of your lips, and blend
Step six: If you don't have a luminizer, a shimmery translucent eye shadow will work just fine. I have a sample size bottle of High Beam, and it's actually pretty good. It's a bit pricey though 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment