Friday, October 21, 2011

Tigerlily

This is my piano, Tigerlily. I don't play as much as I used to but I'll pick up the sheet music to a song I really love every once in a while (Cosmic Love by Florence+the Machine, currently). My dad gave me Tigerlily as a welcome home present. When I was seven years old I was diagnosed with type one diabetes. I spent an entire week and a half in the hospital and I was desperate to get home. At the time, I had just started piano lessons and I was using an old keyboard. I remember hating my stay in the hospital so much. All the poking and prodding at all hours of the night. What seemed like a hundred different people telling me what I wasn't allowed to eat anymore. I was seven! Give a kid a break, right? Anyway, when I finally got home it was dark out and when my parents turned on the lights that December night; there was Tigerlily with a giant red bow on top. I was so excited! I never wanted to stop playing. I would fall asleep at the piano sometimes and my mom would have to carry me to my bed. It's one of my happiest memories. 

Outfit details:
Shirt: Old Navy, gifted
Skirt: Urban Outfitters
Jacket: Anthropologie
Tights: Target
Crown Ring: Gordon's Jewelers
Pearl Ring: Vintage (handed down)
Shoes: BCBG Girls

4 comments:

  1. oh! what nice this post!
    Have you seen my new post outfit? I have also a beautiful giveaway post, of accessories, with no limit price!
    came to me! i wait for you!
    kiss kiss
    Miriamstella
    http://isfashionmypassion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The jacket look so pretty ;)

    xx,
    Karen.

    www.mycandylane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete