Monday, October 31, 2011

Snickerdoodle Sunday!

Yesterday, I was supposed to go thrifting with my very best friend Yvette (Yvy for short), but she called and told me she felt sick and couldn't make it. Poor Yvy, my mind was instantly on making her chicken soup, but my bestie is a vegetarian! So minestrone was the way to go. I made her a big pot of the stuff with help from Mark, and we took it to her house. Afterwards, Mark took me to Anthropologie like a wonderful boyfriend because I had a $50 gift card, $100 in store credit, and a 15% off coupon that arrived for my birthday. I needed this trip! I had been wanting a pair of colorful pants for such a long time, but I could never find the right color. That is, until I found these babies.
BAM! I also bought the cardigan in the background (on sale)!

I actually bought the cardigan yesterday, and the jeans today. I was a little indecisive about the pants, but I decided I really wanted them! I also bought two candles. One tea scented and one Vanilla Cinnamon one. UGH. Amazing. I think the tea one is just so exquisite. The vanilla cinnamon is also perfect for this season, and both in lovely jars :]
Later that day, I made some snickerdoodles for my grandfather. He had a stroke two months ago and he really hasn't been feeling so well because of all the medication. My mom and I visited him today and I wanted to bring him some because he just loves cookies so much. He's got a big sweet tooth :]


Before my visit to grandpa's my mom and I checked out a beautiful hotel we happened upon. The door was just so attractive, we had to go inside.  Apparently, the architect of the hotel had his wife's image carved into the door. So the ladies you see here, are actually her. The architect and his wife are both very old now, but still very much in love (according to the concierge, who sees them regularly as they stay at the hotel quite often) 


Testing the waters!


Outfit details:
Shirt: Anthropologie
Belt:Enchanting Eyes Belt, Anthropologie
Skirt: Papaya
Shoes: DSW



2 comments:

  1. Love the blue skirt! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Hope Adela Pasztor
    It's such an old skirt. I actually bought it when I was about 15 in the most horrible store lol.

    ReplyDelete